Modular Stories has moved!

Please visit my current blog at its new location: http://modularstories.com

Saturday, September 05, 2009

17 pages in

I have a plot!
Breakfast and sunlight really helped. Finished another grueling slug of explication. Just need to explain what Green is all about now... but i think I have enough groundwork to do that casually through dialogue and character development. Plot is well under way now and I even stopped to sketch up an outline. The ending is still in question, though.




Does speculative fiction always require this much setup? I guess if you're trying to create a new world you have to explain how it works sometime. I need to look around for authors who do this more creatively and less bluntly. It seems so ugly and contrived the way I'm trying to do it.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hey Jeff! Well, at least you're through the opening sequence and made it to the main plot that you already have mapped out in your head. Sounds like good progress :)I'm a phone call away if you want to let off some steam!

Good luck!
Julie

gloria burgess said...

Bravo!!!! Wonderful, Jeff. one step, next step. one step, next step. ~ gb