Modular Stories has moved!

Please visit my current blog at its new location: http://modularstories.com

Monday, September 07, 2009

Day 3 - good morning!

Last night was pretty restless. Didn't get to bed until 2 a.m., probably didn't fall asleep for another hour. I feel exhausted, but not quite as bad as I did on day 1.

Sometime in the early morning I woke up (not really woke up, but came into consciousness of some sort. If you're a chronic sleepwalker like me, you understand). Anyway, I sort of woke up on the floor, rooting through my dirty clothes.

As I recall, I was looking for my swimsuit--actually for a speedo, which I don't own at the moment. I was pretty sure I'd left it somewhere and that I urgently needed it before I could go back to bed. I tried to explain this to Carrie, which made me start to wake up a bit and realize that this didn't make a lot of sense. But clearly that was her fault, not mine.

I went back to bed wondering how I was ever going to fall asleep again without my speedo. But if my wife really doesn't want me have my speedo, then fine with me. Whatever!

It can't be a coincidence that the two major themes of my blog and my novel and my current life are consuming and sleeping.

1 comment:

Carrie Lawshe said...

I wondered why you had put your dirty underwear back on to come to bed….. hmmm? This is questionable activity.